In many enterprises and public places, centrifugal fans are commonly used ventilation equipment, but in long-term use, it will inevitably cause certain wear and tear due to various reasons. One of the intuitive phenomena of wear is the appearance of abnormal Sound, what should I do if the centrifugal fan has abnormal noise?
1) Reasons for abnormal noise of centrifugal fan
1. Bearing wear
When the bearing has cracks, scars, etc., the centrifugal fan will have abnormal noise during operation, and there are many reasons for the bearing wear, such as improper installation, dust entry, etc., but in many cases, the fan impeller is lost. Dynamic balance, the bearing is deformed by unbalanced extrusion for a long time.
2. Insufficient lubrication
The centrifugal fan is a mechanical structure in which the motor drives the bearing, the bearing drives the main shaft, and then drives the impeller to rotate. Therefore, when the lubricating oil is insufficient, there will be greater friction between the transmission components, which will cause abnormal noise. When there is oil leakage, especially when the bearing seat leaks, the friction between them will be intensified, and abnormal noise will occur.
3. The fasteners are loose
The centrifugal fan cannot avoid vibration during operation. Even if the corresponding shock absorber is installed, there will still be a certain degree of vibration. As the running time increases, the fastening nuts of various parts may become loose. If the fan is operated again from time to time, the fasteners will be loosened and the collision will make abnormal noises.
4. Impeller collision
The bearing may be deformed due to the loss of dynamic balance of the impeller, and the impeller will also deviate from the center position due to the deformation of the bearing, and then rub and collide with the air inlet or casing of the centrifugal fan, resulting in abnormal noise. If it cannot be handled in time, it will cause The centrifugal fan is damaged.
5. Inhalation of foreign bodies
The centrifugal fan sucks the air from the air inlet into the body through the motor electric impeller, and then throws the air out of the air outlet through the centrifugal force caused by the impeller. If it cannot be thrown out, it will continuously collide with the impeller and the casing to make abnormal noises.
6. The wind speed at the pipeline is too large
The surge that occurs in the centrifugal fan is often related to the poor pipeline system. At this time, if the wind speed is increased, the gas will collide in the pipeline, causing vibration and abnormal noise.
2)the solution to the abnormal noise of the centrifugal fan
1. Check the lubrication condition: When abnormal noise occurs in the centrifugal fan, the first thing to do is to check the lubrication condition of each part of the fan, and add lubricating oil in time. Release and replace the seal if necessary.
2. Check the bearing and impeller: If there is no problem with the lubrication, the next thing to check is the condition of the bearing and the impeller. Manually turn the impeller, listen to whether there is any abnormal noise in the bearing, judge whether the bearing is damaged, and pay attention to whether the impeller has friction with the casing or the air inlet. If so, replace the bearing in time and correct the dynamic balance of the impeller.
3. Regular cleaning and maintenance: Regular maintenance and cleaning of the centrifugal fan can effectively avoid abnormal noise caused by foreign objects in the fan and loose fasteners, and can also improve the service life of the fan It can help, and when there is abnormal noise, it can also rule out these two reasons to a certain extent.
4. Appropriately reduce the wind speed: The abnormal noise in the pipeline of the centrifugal fan is mostly caused by surge and excessive wind speed. It can be judged whether there is surge by the state of abnormal noise after reducing a certain wind speed , If it is determined that the centrifugal fan is surging, the fan pipeline should be improved in time to prevent the occurrence of surge.