Import Centrifugal Fan you may need to know Sea waybill, also known as sea waybill or sea waybill, is a document used by the carrier to indicate to the shipper or its agent that the goods have been received for loading. It is a non-negotiable document, that is, it is not required Presenting the receipt at the port of destination is the condition of receipt, and there is no need to wait for the receipt of the receipt. The shipowner or its agent can deliver the goods to the consignee on the basis of the notice of arrival of the goods received by the consignee or his identity certificate.”
Sea waybill process
(1) The shipping company issues a sea waybill to the shipper;
(2) The shipping company issues a notice of arrival to the consignee before the ship arrives at the port of discharge;
(3) The consignee signs the arrival notice and returns it to the shipping agent;
(4) The shipping agent will issue the bill of lading to the consignee accordingly;
(5) After the ship arrives at the port, the consignee picks up the ship with the bill of lading, and then it is verified that the consignee has paid the freight, and the ship can release the cargo after completing the customs clearance procedures.
Features of sea waybill
1. Simple and fast.
2. The risk to the consignee is small. Since the sea waybill is not a certificate of property and cannot be transferred, the consignee on the sea waybill must specify in detail that no one other than the consignee can take delivery of the goods, even if a third party obtains it illegally. .
3. The risk to the carrier is high. Since the specific consignee is always known by the carrier and must be handed over to the consignee, the carrier must be extremely cautious and verify the exact identity of the consignee. You must take responsibility if you make a mistake.
4. The risk to the shipper is high. SEA WAYBILL is a bill of lading on board. Once confirmed to the ship owner as Sea Waybill, the consignee can directly pick up the goods as soon as the goods arrive at the port, and the consignor cannot control the goods.
5. The sea waybill does not guarantee the bank’s creditor’s rights. Since the sea waybill is not a proof of property right, the bank cannot obtain the right of control of the goods under the sea waybill, so it cannot be transferred in circulation.
The characteristics of Seaway Bill and ocean bill of lading
1) Seaway Bill is a sea waybill, which is a contract of sea transportation that proves that the goods have been taken over or shipped by the carrier, and the carrier guarantees that the goods will be delivered to the consignee stated on the waybill. It is not a certificate of property rights, so it is not transferable. The consignee does not rely on this to pick up the goods but on the arrival notice. Therefore, the consignee of the sea waybill should fill in the name and address of the actual consignee. In practice, we should pay attention to the fact that the consignor of such documents cannot endorse.
2) The ocean bill of lading (Marine Bill of Lading or OcEAN Bill of Lading) is abbreviated as the bill of lading (B/L). Realize circulation transfer by endorsement.
3) Non-negotiable sea waybill (non-negotiable sea waybill), also known as registered bill of lading, also known as “consignee bill of lading”, refers to the name of the specific consignee in the consignee column on the bill of lading Bill of lading; non-negotiable bill of lading (non-negotiable bill of lading) usually refers to a copy of the bill of lading, and is subject to COPY.
Simply put, there are three types of bills of lading: OCEAN BILL OF LADING original bill of lading, OCEAN BILL OF LADING TELEX SURRENDER telex bill of lading, Sea Way bill. The first type must be picked up by the original bill of lading, the second type can only be picked up at the destination port after the port of departure is released, and the third type can be picked up by the consignee as long as the ship is opened, and nothing is needed.
Similarities and differences between sea waybill and telex bill of lading(Telex-release B/L、Surrendered B/L)
1. The effect is basically the same. Sea waybills and telex bills of lading are both cargo receipts issued by the carrier, and both are proof of the transportation contract. They are produced to solve the problems of the goods and other bills, and provide convenience for the safety of the consignee and timely delivery of the goods.
2. The same head up. As neither the sea waybill nor the telex bill of lading can be circulated and transferred, it must be clearly indicated to the consignee.
3. None of the evidence is used by the consignee to pick up the goods. In both ways, the consignee picks up the goods with the bill of lading.
4. There is no guarantee for bank claims. Banks are unwilling to accept sea waybills and telex bills of lading. This brings difficulties to the seller in L/C payment unless the buyer provides guarantee or deposits to the bank.
5. Compared with the delivery of the original bill of lading, it speeds up the circulation of documents and makes it easier for the consignee to receive the goods.
1. The consequences of the carrier’s wrong delivery of the goods. Under the way of sea waybill, the carrier must be liable for the wrong delivery of the goods. Under the telex bill of lading method, the carrier is irresponsible for wrong delivery, and of course the carrier must perform its due diligence.
2. Circulation. Although sea waybills cannot be endorsed and transferred, they are sometimes quasi-negotiable in concept.
Of course, the shipper can change the name of the consignee, but not the destination. The telex bill of lading is generally not transferable.
3. The risk is different, and the telex release has a stronger ability to control cargo than the sea waybill, and the risk is smaller.
4. Different scope of application
Telex bills of lading can be applied to any consignor and consignee, while sea waybills are generally issued when the consignee and consignor are a company (subsidiary company or branch) or through an agency relationship. They are mostly used for freight forwarders. between.
5. The cost is different. The sea waybill can be directly charged for the normal document fee, and the telex discharge will require an additional telex discharge fee of about 500.
The main differences in the use of sea waybills, bills of lading, and telex bills
First of all, a sea-way bill is not a document of property right, and it cannot be transferred. This is completely different from the ocean b/l bill of lading. Secondly, it is similar to a registered bill of lading, that is, the consignee on the waybill is designated and cannot be changed. No person or unit except the consignee on the waybill can pick up the goods. The shipping company is responsible for this, so when picking up the goods Need to prove the identity, the shipping company is afraid of delivering the wrong goods. His characteristic is high security and very convenient.
The feature of OCEAN B/L is the certificate of property rights, which can be mortgaged and transferred. In addition, I would like to remind everyone that the sea waybill shipping company has delivered the wrong cargo, and the shipping company is responsible for it. However, if the shipping company staggers the objects, for example, it is released to other people, the shipping company is negligent but does not have to be responsible, because you If you apply for a teledischarge letter of guarantee, even if there is a delivery error, you have to bear the main responsibility. It is especially important to emphasize that we should promote sea waybills and reduce the use of telex.
About the relationship between MBL, HBL, telex and SWB
1. Master order (MBL), small order (HBL)
Master Bill (MBL): It is the bill of lading issued by the shipping company, which is the MASTER BILL. Small order (HBL): It is the bill of lading issued by the freight forwarder, HOUSE BILL, which needs to be exchanged at the port of destination. This situation occurs when, for example, A freight forwarder has a lower contract price on this route, and Company B sets the contract price of A, and this is when a small order is to be issued.
2. When to make telex and when to make sea waybill
The contract stipulates, or the customer has a good reputation, or between the group (subsidiary/branch), when the consignee reminds the order, the sea waybill can be made; when the initial cooperation, the new customer, it is necessary to control the payment progress and avoid risks, or If you need to pick up the goods in an emergency, you can apply for telex release.
3. How to make small order telex and sea waybill
Small orders are freight forwarding bills of lading. Telex release and sea waybills require one more level of nesting of freight forwarding documents than the normal process. When used as a telex, the shipping company has completed the telex, and the freight forwarder receives the notification, and faxes the telex to the agent at the port of destination, and the telex for the small order is sent to the consignor, and the consignor sends it to the consignee at the port of destination. , The agent at the port of destination takes the telex release master bill to go to the ship to exchange the bill of lading, the consignee takes the telex release to the port of destination agent to exchange the bill of lading and pick up the goods, the sea waybill is the same.
Q: My consignee is To Oder, can I apply for a sea waybill?
A: If the master bill does not show the actual consignee, the shipping company will not do WAYBILL. This is also necessary to prevent and control risks.
Q: Does the customer request a SWB bill of lading, does it mean that the shipper’s cargo rights have been transferred to the consignee, and now the goods have been on the ship, and the customer has not paid yet, is there any risk in our company’s SWB bill of lading?
A: Once the SWB order is issued, it is the same as air freight, and the right of the cargo is not SHIPPER, but CNEE; if the payment is not received, it will definitely be risky.
Q: The telex bill of lading is copied to the customer, can the customer pick up the goods?
A: There are three forms of telex, one is with telex, one is with telex, and the other is without anything, but the internal system has marked it. We will inform you that the telex is released, and we will mention it by yourself. Send copy to foreign countries, generally there is no problem in picking up the goods.