Ⅰ.What is MSDS certification
MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) is a chemical safety data sheet, which can also be translated into a chemical safety data sheet or a chemical safety data sheet. It is used by chemical manufacturers and importers to clarify the physical and chemical properties of chemicals (such as PH value, flash point, flammability, reactivity, etc.) and possible harm to the user’s health (such as carcinogenesis, teratogenicity, etc.) One document.
Ⅱ.What are the names of MSDS certification
MSDS certification is called MSDS in Europe, and it is also called SDS certification, SDS form, or MSDS certificate in the United States. It is generally used for documents required by the carrier in the process of transportation and logistics. This kind of report is generally for batteries, liquids, semi-finished products, or chemicals with relatively few materials. However, in the past two years, Amazon’s product certification requirements have become more and more stringent. The finished product should also provide MSDS report on Amazon.
Ⅲ.Difficulties of MSDS certification
When compiling the MSDS form, it is necessary to confirm the composition of the product, but most manufacturers do not have it. At this time, it must be handled by a third-party testing agency such as Zhongjian Testing.
Ⅳ.The difference between MSDS certification and SDS certification
The European Union and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) both use SDS terminology. However, in the United States, Canada, Australia and many countries in Asia, SDS (Safety Data Sheet) can also be used as MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet). The role of two technical documents Basically the same.
In China was called CSDS in the pre-2008 standard GBT16483-2000, and the revised standard GBT16483-2008 “Chemical Safety Technical Specification Content and Item Sequence” in 2008 was unified with the International Organization for Standardization and abbreviated as SDS.
SDS and MSDS two abbreviations play exactly the same role in the supply chain, only there are some subtle differences in content.
V. Why do you need a testing agency to compile MSDS
1. The technical team owned by the testing organization can help customers analyze and test the components and clear the obstacles for MSDS.
2. The MSDS of the testing agency is fast, the price is favorable, and the report can be issued quickly in 3-5 days.
3. The testing agency has experience in cooperating with a large number of freight forwarding agencies, including air, sea, land transportation, etc.
4. import of Industrial Fan usually requires MSDS, and CMA may be required if toner is included. If the documents are not complete, the goods cannot be declared at the port, and additional storage costs will be incurred.
Ⅵ. Requirements for the preparation and use of chemical safety technical specifications
1. Compilation requirements:
The contents of the 16th Party Congress stipulated in the safety technical manual cannot be deleted or merged arbitrarily when compiling, and the order cannot be changed arbitrarily. The main text of the safety technical manual should be expressed in simple, clear, and easy-to-understand standard Chinese characters. Digital data must be accurate and reliable, and the system must be comprehensive.
The safety technical specification is prepared by the method of “one type, one card”. The technical specification of the congeners and homologues cannot be substituted for each other; the mixture should fill in the harmful components and their content range. The data filled in should be reliable and well-founded. When a chemical has more than one hazard, the primary and secondary hazards as well as first aid and protective measures should be comprehensively stated.
The safety technical specification is compiled and printed by the chemical manufacturer and supplier, and is provided to the user when the product is delivered, as a service for the user to circulate with the product in the market. When chemical users receive and use chemicals, they must carefully read the technical specifications, understand and master the dangers of the chemicals, formulate safety operating procedures according to the use situation, select appropriate protective equipment, and train operators.
4. Reliability of data:
The values and data of the safety technical manual should be accurate and reliable, and the selected reference data should be authoritative. If necessary, consult the occupational safety and health agencies at or above the provincial level. All the results of this query are the results of the editing and processing of the safety culture network based on the existing data. If you find some data is wrong, please contact us in time.
1)The MSDS that meets the requirements of OSHA in the United States should have the following content
Item 1: Manufacturer and contact method
Item 2: Hazardous chemical components
Item 3: physical and chemical properties
Item 4: Combustion and explosion data
Item 5: Reactivity data
Item 6: Health Hazard Data
Item 7: Safe operation and usage
Item 8: Protection methods
2) The MSDS that meets the requirements of Canadian WHMIS should have the following content
Item 1: Product name and manufacturer information
Item 2: Hazardous chemical components
Item 3: physical properties
Item 4: Fire or explosion data
Item 5: Reactivity data
Item 6: Toxicological properties
Item 7: Preventive Measures
Item 8: First aid methods
Item 9: Compile information
3) The MSDS content recommended by the American Standards Institute ANSI and the international standard organization ISO
Item 1: Chemical name and manufacturer information
Item 2: Chemical composition information
Item 3: Hazard information
Item 4: First aid measures
Item 5: Fire Fighting Measures
Item 6: Leakage emergency treatment
Item 7: Operation and Storage
Item 8: Exposure control and personal protection measures
Item 9: Physical and Chemical Properties
Item 10: Stability and Reactivity
Item 11: Toxicological Information
Item 12: Ecological Information
Item 13: Disposal
Item 14: Transportation Information
Item 15: Regulatory information
Item 16: Other information
Ⅷ. The role of MSDS, its main role is reflected in:
1. Provide information on the hazards of chemicals to protect users of chemical products;
2. Ensure safe operation and provide technical information for the formulation of safe operation procedures for hazardous chemicals;
3. Provide technical information helpful for emergency rescue and emergency handling of accidents;
4. Guiding the safe production, safe circulation and safe use of chemicals;
5. It is an important basis and information source for chemical registration management.